COABA is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit membership association with the mission of advancing the awareness, development, and access to the science and practice of behavior analysis in Colorado by:
- Encouraging the understanding of behavior analysis
- Supporting the implementation of behavioral procedures
- Serving as a professional reference group for behavior analysts
- Informing political, legislative, and policy-making bodies about behavior analysis
- Organizing presentations about behavior analysis
- Publishing and dissemination information about behavior analysis
- Developing a culture to support ethical problem-solving and decision-making
Obtained 501(c)(6) tax-exempt status from the IRS in January 2016.
COABA became an affiliate of APBA and obtained BACB ACE Provider status in 2015
COABA originated from a process designed and overseen by Travis Blevins in the spring of 2014. Travis assembled a group of “charter” behavior analysts to discuss and plan the steps that would be required to form the organization. The group moved quickly and by the end of 2014, COABA had registered as a nonprofit corporation, written and approved bylaws, obtained ABAI chapter status, and elected its first Executive Board.