Article I—NameThe name of this organization shall be the Colorado Association for Behavior Analysis. It shall be chartered and exist as an organization under the laws of Colorado. It shall be represented by the initials COABA.
Article II—MissionTo advance awareness, development, and access to the science and practice of behavior analysis in the state of Colorado by:
- Encouraging the understanding of behavior analysis in academic, research, and natural environments.
- Supporting the design and application of effective and evidence-based behavioral procedures to improve the quality of life of the citizens of Colorado.
- Serving as a professional reference group for those who identify themselves as scientists or practitioners in disciplines that embrace the principles and practices of behavior analysis.
- Informing political, legislative, and policy-making bodies with respect to all matters pertaining to behavior analysis.
- Organizing colloquia, symposia, and workshops that shall serve as forums for the presentation of scientific and technological achievements, clinical practice, and discussion of the affairs of the organization.
- Publishing and distributing information on behavior analysis.
- Developing a culture to support ethical problem-solving and decision-making for scientists or practitioners in disciplines that embrace the principles and practices of behavior analysis.