As part of this year’s convention, COABA is excited to be hosting our first poster session! The poster session will take place the day of the convention, Saturday Nov. 2, from 5:00 – 6:00 pm. We invite posters summarizing empirical data from behavior analytic research and clinical practice. Student submissions are welcome.
Please submit abstracts through the form below for consideration by September 1, 2019. Accepted posters will be notified by September 15, 2019.
- Submit the title, authors, affiliations, and abstract (max 200 words) by the deadline.
- Posters advertising for companies, products, or services will not be accepted.
- Easels will be provided. Your poster should have a firm backing and be able to be displayed on an easel.
- Posters should be 3’ x 4’ in size or less.
- At least one author must be present at the poster throughout the poster session.
- Use fonts that are easy to read.
- Minimum text size for primary text should be 20 pt, but larger is often preferable. Poster title and headers should use notably larger text.
- Use standard headings (e.g., Introduction, Method, Results, Discussion).
- Use graphs and/or tables to display results. These should be prominent.
- Use neutral colors for the background and bright colors sparingly to highlight important features (e.g., data).
- Regarding text, less is more. Text should be sufficient for readers to understand the poster without it being explained by an author, but it should not be like reading a manuscript.