Recording and Slide Deck now available:
This previously recorded webinar is now available for purchase. You will obtain a link to view the slide deck, the audio file of the presentation, and the full video recording of the presentation.
This presentation will address a framework for developing treatment goals and advocating for services. Dan Unumb is an attorney and founder of the Autism Legal Resource Center. Mr. Unumb previously served as the founding Executive Director of the Autism Speaks Legal Resource Center, where he worked to secure improved insurance and Medicaid coverage for individuals with autism in over 40 states. Rebecca has been privileged to serve adults and children using applied behavior analysis (ABA) in settings such as facility-based care, group homes, day centers, clinics, and family homes both across the United States and overseas. In addition to her clinical experience, Rebecca is passionate about ABA service delivery aligning with generally accepted standards of care. With expertise in applying health care documentation requirements and systems of compliance, she recently was the author of a chapter on documentation guidelines for ABA services. Together they will cover pertinent topics to increase providers’ understanding of medical necessity within the field of ABA.
- Attendees will understand the ethical considerations of providing contracted ABA services for a funding source
- Attendees will understand the generally accepted standards of care related to performing an assessment and writing a treatment plan
- Attendees will learn how to write treatment goals that are medically necessary
- Attendees will understand the importance of understanding regulatory requirements pertaining to the successful submission of assessment and treatment plans
- Attendees will learn strategies for eliminating improper limits on ABA services
- Attendees will hear about ways to engage in ethical advocacy and public policy efforts to improve ABA services